Terms and Conditions for The Wilton Hotel Blackpool Limited
When you make a booking, these are our standard customer terms which we intend to rely on. For your own benefit and protection you should read these terms carefully. If you do not understand any point please ask us for further information.
Making a booking
- You must ensure that the name on a booking is correct at the time of booking.
- If you pay with a credit card then we may charge you a credit card fee
- You must be aged 16 years or over to make a booking with us.
- To confirm your booking you must pay the first nights’ accommodation as a deposit when you make the booking. We will cancel your booking if you do not pay the deposit.
- We will issue you with a confirmation number when you have made a booking with us. The confirmation number is proof that you have a booking with us. No booking shall be binding until we issue you with a confirmation number.
- This booking is not transferable. You cannot transfer or resell your booking (in whole or in part). If you transfer or resell (or attempt to transfer or resell) your booking then we will terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such a booking. We may also refuse to take any further booking from you in the future.
- You must be able to show ID (driver’s licence, passport or a valid credit or debit card) if requested in order to verify that a person using a room is the person named on the booking.
- If you make a booking for someone else’s benefit, you are responsible for ensuring that any person in your booking complies with these terms.
Cancellation and Amendment of Booking
- Bookings are refundable untill 7 days before the start of your stay. After this time NO refunds will be offered.
- Arrival and Departure. Our standard check-in time is 2pm. If you room is ready before this time we may be able to accomodate an earlier check in time. You are welcome to leave your bags and park you car from 10.30am onwards.
- You must check-out by 10am on the scheduled date of departure unless you purchase a pre-arranged late check-out. If you fail to check out by the stipulated time then we will charge you for one night’s stay for the applicable room(s). You shall not exceed the specified occupancy for the room type.
Maximum occupancy for rooms is:
I. Family Rooms:
Between 3 and 4, depending on room booked & fee paid (including babies & children),
II. Double Rooms:
III. Twin Rooms:
IV. Single Rooms:
1 adult only
You should speak to us to confirm availability of cots.
- We do not permit people under the age of 16 to stay alone in our rooms. You must not leave children under 16 unattended in any rooms or public areas at any time.
- You must not smoke in any of our hotels or interfere with our fire detection system. If you do so we will terminate your booking. We may either (at our sole discretion) request the immediate re-payment of our costs during your stay or instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover our costs. The costs we incur if you smoke in our hotel include costs for specialist cleaning, repair or replacement of damage by you to our property, the cost of the room for any period it is unusable and our administration expenses. This can be up to £250.
- You must not damage or interfere with any items belonging to us. If you do so we will terminate your booking. We will instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover the costs for any repair, replacement or specialist cleaning we incur if you damage our hotel or property. If you request it, we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
- If you do not comply with paragraphs the above when staying at our hotel, we will terminate your booking and require you to leave the hotel immediately.
Meal times are pre-arranged, and no allowance can be made for meals not taken. Breakfast is served between 8.45am and 9.15am. The set evening meal is served at 5pm Monday – Thursday, subject to availability. The set meals start at £7.
Please note, our car park can accommodate up to 14 cars and a car parking space must be reserved at time of booking. Cars parked in the car park will be blocked in. The only time of day when we can guarantee your car can be moved is at 10am. You must be available at this time to move your car or make arrangements with us to move your car. You must leave your keys with us – These are all conditions of use of our car park so your car can be moved in the event of an emergency.
- Statutory Rights: As a consumer you have certain statutory rights. If any of these terms conflict with a statutory right or the law changes and your statutory rights change, then the statutory rights will prevail over these terms. For more information on your statutory rights see www.consumerdirect.gov.uk.
- Events Beyond our Reasonable Control: We shall not be in breach of these terms, nor liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to your booking (such as the provision of room(s) and/or other products and/or services and/or extras) due to any adverse event, act, omission or accident which happens which is beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, interruption or fire (except by way of our default) or failure of (except by way of our default) electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
- Our Liability: Our total liability for any loss shall not exceed twice the total sum we charge you for the booking. We shall not be liable for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or statutory duty or negligence on the part of ourselves and we shall not be liable for any losses that were not reasonably foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed.
- Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any other matter which it would be illegal for us to (or attempt to) exclude or limit.
- Third Party Rights: A party which is not a party to these terms shall have no right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Law: These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- Changes to Terms: We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time. The terms applicable to your booking are those in force on the date of booking.
Questions / Complaints
If you have a question or complaint in relation to your booking or these terms please contact us and we will respond to you as quickly as we can.
For further details please contact The Wilton Hotel direct on 01253 346673.